I have a hard time reading the documentation too. I think it was written by
statisticians for statisticians. Maybe if some really high-powered people
who know how to do this kind of data manipulation/statistics were to start
working in R or W and made some sample code public, then the rest of us can
start with the samples to explore the capabilities.

I would never have tried SAS for SMF processing if I had not seen Barry
Merrill's code. Thank you Barry, you saved lots of weeks/months of effort
and ulcers.

/Tom Kern