Patrick ALLAERT wrote:

> 2010/1/13 Derick Rethans <der...@php.net>:
>> On Tue, 12 Jan 2010, Raphael Geissert wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Would it be possible to force short_open_tag to a specific value for
>> those applications alone? Perhaps through an .htaccess file? That way,
>> Debian keeps the "PHP default" but still allows those apps to work.
>
> Raphael, you didn't seem to react on Derick's suggestion above
> although it seems one of the best proposition so far.

I sort of commented about it on one of my replies to Rasmus. The problem
with that approach is that not all SAPIs can be configured via a .htaccess,
and changing the global value affects all applications (and if they all use
a SAPI where .htaccess files can't change the settings there's not much they
can do).

Cheers,
--
Raphael Geissert - Debian Developer