Julie,

Maybe you can analyze the working diagram, figure out where the support pin
should go, then add a smaller hole to your pricking in the right place
relative to the existing pin holes.

I think Ulrike thinks it no problem because 1) she has very experienced
lacemakers making the lace for the illustrations in her books, for whom
adding support pins is probably no problem, and 2) she's brilliant and
adding pins that aren't on the pricking is definitely no problem for her. I
think she'd say to add the pin hole to the pricking if that's better for
you.

Nancy
Connecticut, USA

...  It doesn't sound at all fun to me to put pins in freehand.  I don't