On 16 Oct 2014 22:29, Lavern Hall wrote:

> My laptop (8.1) has my "working file" on it. I opened Legacy by clicking on
> the Legacy icon, then I put in some dummy changes, then saved/backed up the
> file to Dropbox. Next, I went to my computer (win XP). I clicked on the small
> Dropbox icon and it showed that the files were all "Up to Date," so I
> clicked on the name of the zipped file (the one I had just made dummy updates
> on and backed up to Dropbox). That action took me to a screen that showed the
> file folders and to the left of the list under Folder Tasks - I clicked on
> Extract All Files. That done, the correct file was there with the green check
> mark next to it, so I clicked on the file and it opened in Legacy-- and there
> were all of the dummy updatesI had made!  I closed the program and went back
> to my laptop where I opened Legacy and restored the working file.

Sounds correct to me. Except the part where you appear to have used Windows
Explorer on the XP machine to unzip the contents of the file synched from
Dropbox. This is not necessary. A Legacy Restore achieves much the same thing
without running into problems that might crop up if you extracted files into the
wrong location on the XP system.

--
Regards,
Mike Fry (Jhb)