On Thursday, September 14, 2023 at 2:54:13 PM UTC-5 offray wrote:

Regarding the gap between static text and dynamic data, its explorers and
possible bridges, I think that the Smalltalk tradition makes a good case
for writing dynamic data instead of static text.

Your comments come at an excellent time. I am considering what's next now
that my work on Leo is winding down.

Bridging the gap between static text and dynamic data systems is maybe one
of the most important problems in informatics and user
experience/empowerment. Hopefully the Smalltalk tradition and ideas like
the one in Stop writing dead programs[4] will gain broader mindset. It is
good to see how such ideas are explored with Leo Editor.

[1] https://pharo.org/
[2] https://mutabit.com/grafoscopio/en.html
[3] https://gtoolkit.com/
[4] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ab3ArE8W3s

Thanks for these links.  I'll give them a close look.