On 14/09/23 20:18, HaveF HaveF wrote:

    Regarding the gap between static text and dynamic data, its
    explorers and possible bridges, I think that the Smalltalk
    tradition makes a good case for writing dynamic data instead of
    static text. Some years ago, I talked about Pharo[1], my own, Leo
    inspired, outliner called Grafoscopio[2] and now, there dynamic
    writing and exploration of dynamic data/systems within such
    systems have a Glamorout Tolkit[3] which improves on user
    interface and notebooks, while being a Pharo based system.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing, Offray!
Btw, If I want to exploring, I just start from gtoolkit, right?

Yes. Start from it, or from "plain" Pharo. But be ready for a different developer experience (DX) as happens with most Smalltalk based systems, where writing text files as a way to develop a dynamic system, instead of modifying a dynamic system to build the next one is the norm.

Videos, instead of static documentation maybe a better way to see the live system in action:

1. The Pharo MOOC: https://mooc.pharo.org/
2. The feenk channel, with several videos about GT: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClLZHVq_-2D2-iI4rA2O8Ug

Cheers,

Offray