Hi,

After browsing some favored CSS sites, some by Standards Evangelist, there seems to be a decline in the use of print styles. Has some movement escaped my research?

Hi, don't know about the Standards Evangelist but I do think people in general just haven't got there yet. For me, at least, there was a whole lot to learn before I approached making separate styles for print and I've just been doing it routinely very lately.

That said, here's one I did just about a month ago that I'm particularly proud of and I just "know" that probably no one has seen this except me and the woman I did it for, so a bit of a chance to show it off (it was a conversion from an Excel sheet). As I look at it though, I also realize its probably not accessible for a screen reader, sigh ... the ones that other organizations did in Maine, though, were pretty much accessible to no one!
http://www.katahdininstitute.org/scorecard-hs-lastname.html

and here's one that I like, too.
http://mainehumanities.org/onebook/books.html this whole area "should" print well. :) i got rid of the menu completely, substituted a black and white logo and took out color, etc. There was an issue with the logo substitution on a Mac in Firefox (if I'm remembering right) sort of shadowing itself. Ended up letting it go just because it would effect so few people.

In looking at both of these, I see things I wish I had done differently, that's one of the "problems" with this work, one never seems to be able to get it perfect and i quickly become dissatisfied with work from only a few months ago.

Anyway, I would like to see more discussion about print styles on these lists and problems/issues with the various browsers.

cheers
Donna

--
Donna Jones