On 12/1/06, Katrina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suspect the best way to create serious (from a design-for-print
> standpoint) web-to-print systems is to install a php-based pdf
> generator, because at the end of the day no matter how sophisticated web
> technologies get, printing from within the browser is always going to
> leave a world's worth of factors out of your control. I believe Adobe
> have a very nice system based on this principle.

I thought part of the whole web standards thing was joyously embracing
the lack of control, and creating styles, for various formats (screen,
print, etc) with the fore-knowledge of variety of devices?

If we have embraced a lack of control on screen, why not also embrace
the lack of control for print?

Print has its own standards, and while CSS has some capabilities for
it, PDF is an accepted standard that works well.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... portfolio.christianmontoya.com