I have intended to build as many of my websites as I can that have printer friendly pages by using print styles.

I have a couple of sites that I am particularly pleased with:

http://escendency.com/study1.html

This page prints out the content of the links that open as popup windows.

http://atlasrail.co.uk

This website uses php extensively but facilitates printer friendly pages only through style sheets.

--
Chris Price