We of the University of Vienna morphometrics group
are deeply saddened by the sudden death of Dennis Slice.
A guest professor here for more than fifteen years,
he was a mentor to many of our students; he was a colleague,
a teller of uproarious tales, and altogether a very good friend.
In short, he was unique. We will miss him in all these ways.

Fred Bookstein, Cinzia Fornai, Philipp Gunz,
Philipp Mitteroecker, Simon Neubauer, Katrin Schaefer,
Horst Seidler, Gerhard Weber, Sonja Windhager