Sent on behalf of Dean Adams:

Colleagues,

Like others I have spent the weekend grieving the passing of Dennis, and
trying to put my feelings of loss into words. Alas I cannot.

I’ve known Dennis for 25 years, since we overlapped in Jim’s lab in the
1990s. He was a constant fixture in our field, and his passing has left a
great hole. I will miss his positive attitude, his whit, his endless and
entertaining stories, and his life lessons. But mostly I will miss having
him in our community.

I will miss you, Dennis.

Dean

Dr. Dean C. Adams

Director of Graduate Education, EEB Program

Professor

Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology

Iowa State University

https://www.eeob.iastate.edu/faculty/adams/

phone: 515-294-3834