Just left the house of a very dear friend and neighbor of mine. She was one of the driving forces behind getting (and keeping) the "jordan garden". She's been a resident in jordan for roughly 19 years now and ALWAYS gives more of herself to the community than any other 10 people I know. More often than not, she's got 1/2 dozen kids in her backyard after school (jordan doesn't have a real park).

She's a realtor, and earlier this afternoon, she was attempting to show a house at the corner of 26th av n & irving av north. She's always working very hard to get more solid citizens to "buy" into our community. She's 50 years-old and stand 5'1" tall.

Apparently, our local drug dealers (on 26th sv n) didn't like the fact that she called 911 on them and beat the hell out of her. Physically, she'll be fine after the broken bone heals and the swelling goes down in her face. Mentally, I'm not too sure.

Whereas I drive this neighborhood (for work) continually, I recognized the description of the individual as she gave it to me. This guy better pray to god that the cops either apprehend him, or he moves out of the neighborhood, because I WILL find him.

My wife and I will both start the process for purchasing hand guns AND applying for conceal/carry permits this week. I am TIRED of living in a situation where the "system" is so broke and unresponsive to the needs of the ones it should be serving that it makes you fearfull (for your life) to rightfully confront inappropriate behaviour in your own neighborhood.

Enough is enough.

Dennis Plante
Jordan