On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 12:40 PM, Martin Schreiber <mse00...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> No. Call it "manually":
> "
>  obj1.create();
>  obj1.destroy();
> "
> or use "ini", "fini" methods:
> "
>  objty = object
>   method theinimethod() [ini];   //called after object initialization
>   method thefinimethod() [fini]; //called before object finalization
>  end;
> "
> "ini" and "fini" work for stack and heap.

In fact, this is a good idea. But why don't use [initialization] and
[finalization]?
The IDE has code-completion so, is better to see a code more readable,
don't you think?

>> 2. In this case:
>>  obj2: ^objty; //on heap
>>
>> Is it possible to remove the "^"?
>> obj2.f1:= 123;
>>
> No, obj2 is a pointer.
>
>> I think this distinction exists because "class" exists, right?
>
> The other way around, "class" exists for convenience and where one needs the
> guarantee that the instance never is allocated on stack.

I see...

>> If is possible to remove, well, this is +1 to remove class and mantain
>> just object but without "^" in calls, but we can continue using in
>> definition.
>>
> And how to access object elements if they are allocated on stack and not
> addressed via pointer?
>
> "@obj1.f1" or "obj1↓.f1" or...?

You've already answered "No, obj2 is a pointer." but what about if the
compiler change this by itself, putting a "^" because the variable
declaration has one?

var
 obj1: objty;  //an instance on stack, needs no create() or destroy()
 obj2: ^objty; //on heap
begin
 obj1.f1:= 123;

 obj2:= objty.create();
 try
  // I did not write the '^' but the compiler will use because the
declaration in VAR
  obj2.f1:= 123;
 finally
  obj2.destroy();