Hi Richard,

I'm afraid you're best to go to a training course if want lots of in
depth best practice advice.

As for why things are going slow, well the high draw time is great
place to start, sounds very much likely a driver the OpenGL badly
optimized for the type of data the OSG is throwing at it.

If you have another machine/OS available try the same data there.

Robert.