I sent you a personal email Richard with a few suggestions.

What I believe Richard was getting at, is there any global settings that should
be made to the system. What I instantly thought of was this :

osgDB::DatabasePager* pPager =

osgDB::Registry::instance()->getOrCreateDatabasePager();

pPager->setDoPreCompile(mPaging_Precompile);

osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options* options = new osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options;

options->setObjectCacheHint(osgDB::ReaderWriter::Options::CACHE_ALL);

osgDB::Registry::instance()->setOptions(options);

//pPager->setTargetFrameRate(mPaging_Frame_Rate_Targeted);

//pPager->setExpiryDelay(mPaging_ExpiringDelay);

pPager->setMaximumNumOfObjectsToCompilePerFrame(mMaximumObjectsToCompile);

//pPager->setThreadPriorityDuringFrame(OpenThreads::Thread::THREAD_PRIORITY_NOMINAL);//HIGH);

//pPager->setThreadPriorityOutwithFrame(OpenThreads::Thread::THREAD_PRIORITY_NOMINAL);//HIGH);

Partially off topic, I did not feel like the osg training sessions I received
were beneficial; as I already came from Opengl course / directx course
backgrounds.