"As much as it may be distressing to some, these companies are in business to turn a profit. No profit, no money for future R&D, no R&D, no future products. With tens of thousands of rolls of film going out of date daily, film camera sales declining, and the digital handwriting on the wall becoming more legible everyday, why should manufacturers continue to hold on to old technology that's not making money for them."

When I submitted my lament this morning I knew someone would post this reply. It reads exactly as I expected, nearly to the word.

Can't a person simply lament without getting a worn-out lecture? Save this one for cliche month.

Joe