Hey Bill, where is all this out of date film? I could use some bargains. First time you mentioned it I jumped on Ebay, surely there would be a lot of film bargains there. Damn all that film must have been sold already.

In fact why don't all you guys who "know" film is dead send my your useless stocks of film. I will take your useless 35mm, 120, and 4x5 film and make pictures with it.

Slide projection has been dying for years. Many slide shows in the past 20 years have been put on video tape and shown on a TV screen.

--

Bill Owens wrote:

This is not an improvement. I understand that Kodak must transition to

digital along with everyone else, but some parts of that transition may be going to quickly. Was Kodak losing money on slide projectors? It seems to me that there will be demand for them for some time, if only for luddites like me who want our images actually to look good on a screen. Why buy quality gear, quality film, and work on becoming a good photographer only to have low quality projection equipment?

Joe >>>

Losing money?  In the long haul, probably yes.  As much as it may be
distressing to some, these companies are in business to turn a profit.  No
profit, no money for future R&D, no R&D, no future products.  With tens of
thousands of rolls of film going out of date daily, film camera sales
declining, and the digital handwriting on the wall becoming more legible
everyday, why should manufacturers continue to hold on to old technology
that's not making money for them.

Bill

-- graywolf http://graywolfphoto.com

"You might as well accept people as they are,
you are not going to be able to change them anyway."