On 5/19/2010 2:33 PM, Steven Desjardins wrote:
It should still bother him.  A Leica should be a "dream purchase".
They charge top dollar and they are competing with some of the best
pro cameras.  The very idea that "it just wouldn't work right" is
almost inconceivable.  Maybe I'm just being naive here but why else
would anyone buy a Leica if not for superb if maybe eclectic
performance?  In terms of actual usage I'll bet that the Canon and
Nikon offerings in that range are better all around workhorse cameras.

Steve, I am thinking that the Leica camera as a single item, say M8, is not a dream purchase. It is rather a key to big Pandora box of the glass that one will have to mount on their "dream purchase". It is to say that as a system, Leica is mighty expensive and it is unlikely that someone would impulse buy their dream camera just because. Although entirely possible.

Boris