There's little excuse for BS like what Jeffery's been through, or for
the obvious flaws in the M8, but the local Leica rep is someone I've
known for a good many years and I'd have to say that Jeffery's
customer service experience doesn't seem typical. I never had any
difficulties with service and support from Leica USA, and haven't with
their digital products either. (I haven't owned any myself, but I've
helped several of my clients who did have issues with their cameras
... a quick call to Leica USA or Tom put a solution in the works
immediately and all problems were taken care of to everyone's
satisfaction.)

It's always sad to hear reports of such a mess, but I hear them about
every manufacturer from time to time. Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sony,
Pentax ... all of them. I'm just glad I've only rarely needed service.
;-)
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com