On Tue, May 18, 2010 at 10:46 AM, Boris Liberman <bori...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/2010 8:20 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
>>
>> It's always sad to hear reports of such a mess, but I hear them about
>> every manufacturer from time to time. Nikon, Canon, Panasonic, Sony,
>> Pentax ... all of them. I'm just glad I've only rarely needed service.
>> ;-)
>
> Godfrey, there seems to be a minor difference in Jeffery's case.  ...

Just a matter of degree. I expect better service when I pay premium
prices for things like a Leica, and to get poor service from them is
more notable than from high volume outfits like Nikon/Canon or even
Pentax by comparison.

It obviously still burns for Jeffery, and his attitude seems like mine
with regard to Sigma equipment. Only difference is that I never spent
much money on Sigma stuff ... I never got any that was satisfactory in
the first place.
--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com