Heidrun said:

>If you come upon a very long list of names, I believe it will (at
>least in the >area of textual works) typically be for people who have
>written an essay or a chapter in a collection. The example I cited,
>for example, was a festschrift.

In which case there should be no 245/$c statement of responsibility,
but rather the author's names would be after their individual titles
in a contents note.

In the absence of a collective title, could we agree to *never* enter
under first title proper with author(s) following, but *always* to
assign a collective title?

It will be very rare if ever that there will be more joint authors
than can be easily transcribed.

I was thinking of adding the "[and 52 others including ...]" to the
MRIs, but I don't recall in over 60 decades of cataloguing ever having
such a long statement of responsibility, as opposed to a contents note
for a collection, or video noncast and cast credits.