On Wed, 21 Jan 2009, Jim Brown wrote:
> I have a remote receiver site at a 900 mHz distribution point where
> the 2.4 gHz baseband is distributed down on 900 mHz and the noise is
> really bad.? I can't copy my repeater to test the remote receiver till
> I walk about 200 ft from the tower where the 900 mHz stuff is located.
>
> I have a GE Mastr II remote receiver with the squelch set as tight as
> it will go to squelch out the digital noise.? During the squelch tail
> before the PL squelch closes it sounds just like a packet station in
> the receiver.
>
> We are looking for another site for that remote, as the site with the
> 900 mHz stuff is unusable.

So much for "shall not cause interference." After seeing a comment fly
by on a list about protecting some portion of the 2.4GHz band from noise
for amateur satellite use, I realized proactive protection from hams is
pointless. The reason is that we can protect the band from ourselves,
but not from Part 15 devices without FCC litigation. And that would make
us exceptionally bad neighbors. Maybe a line needs to be drawn. Some
services may coexist peacefully. OFDM and weak signal, perhaps not.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <k...@catonic.us>
But remember, with no superpowers comes no responsibility.