Paul N1BUG wrote:
> I could use a little help here. I have a repeater tower with 2 meter
> and 440 repeater on it. I have been contacted by a wireless internet
> service provider about putting some 900 MHz stuff on my tower. The
> deal they are offering is attractive but I'm wondering if there
> would be interference issues between their stuff and my repeaters.
> I'm going to be setting up a meeting to discuss technical aspects of
> the proposed system, but I have no experience or knowledge in this
> area and am not sure what questions I should be asking them. Any
> suggestions or advice?

This doesn't exactly apply, but I share a site with some 5.6 Ghz
wireless stuff. Apparently, this particular installation's equipment
seems to have an IF somewhere around 400 Mhz. We have a packup antenna
located somewhere around 5 ft away from their antennas. When we put
above 25W of UHF RF on this antenna, we swamp the wireless stuff. Just
put this in the back of your mind just in case. Mike KA4MKG