Paul N1BUG wrote:
> I could use a little help here. I have a repeater tower with 2 meter
> and 440 repeater on it. I have been contacted by a wireless internet
> service provider about putting some 900 MHz stuff on my tower. The
> deal they are offering is attractive but I'm wondering if there
> would be interference issues between their stuff and my repeaters.
> I'm going to be setting up a meeting to discuss technical aspects of
> the proposed system, but I have no experience or knowledge in this
> area and am not sure what questions I should be asking them. Any
> suggestions or advice?

Ethernet cabling should be of the shielded type and bonded at one end to
earth.
If they are putting up a 900 MHz access point, will it be sectorized?
If yes, how many sectors (how many transmitters)?
What frequencies and bandwidths on 900 (20 MHz) (10 MHz) (5 MHz) ?
How is the input bandwidth being delivered?  Fiber, DSL, wireless link
on another band (2.4 GHz) (5.3 GHz) (5.8 GHz)?
What kind of antenna system...   3 -  120 degree sectors, 1 - omni?
What kind of equipment  (Alveron) (Motorola) (home-made) (don't laugh, I
build my own)

Answering the above will give me an idea of what you can expect.

Kevin Custer