If you watch the videos linked at the bottom of the SOTA page about this fellow, you'll see that there's no apparent discoloration of his body, especially the torso.

This contrast between the skin on most of his body and his face is really remarkable. This may support the photographic theory put forth by long-time, reliable member M. Dudley, as the face would be the part most exposed to sun. Indeed, basal cell carcinoma is quite common on the face, especially the nose, and the shoulders -- the parts that get sunburned.

One good point that came out of the interview: the SOTA generator was not the one he used. The device shown in one news program belonged to his fiance. The best news in all of this is that the Blue Man does not have an apparent agenda and seems supportive of CS to this day.