Robert,

I know. When a person counters a rabid nuker they are an environmentalist.
When a person counters those who express environmentally enclined sentiments
they are a troll. ;-)

"And unlike the wind farm in the Altamont Pass east of San Francisco, where
smaller, low-power turbine blades have killed an estimated 22,000 birds,
High Winds' turbines rotate more slowly, so few birds get caught."
http://www.n-jcenter.com/NewsJournalOnline/News/Enviro/03FloridaENV01010404.htm

Don't know precisely where they got their reference from.

But me thinks that such a number from but one wind farm, albeit a windfarm
first built in the days of yore, represents more than just a "few." Fact is
that this problem was, is and will continue to remain a problem of
consideration in siting wind turbines.

That's the "perspective" (Alan's post) that it has to be placed in. Trying
to rationalize away reality or numbers until a situation fits our
"perspective" is not the most intelligent of approaches. That's the type of
behavior that a pro-nuker would exhibit - throw out the high (Chernobyl) and
the low (pick one) and count everything else as relative.

That's also the mindset out of which "acceptable risk" was born and how
words like "significant," "insignificant" and "addressed" assume levels of
import far beyond what they should be allowed.

They are all affiliated in the process of dismissal and denial, not reality,
honesty and/or truth.

Todd Swearingen