On Tue 2023-10-03 19:51:13 +1100, Warin wrote:

> [... 14 lines elided]

>         OK, what is needed to be done for "Stage 2 - Set unit from
>         housenumber"?

>     Further testing of the upload script. The changes themselves are
>     pretty safe. It's using a custom uploader and if something isn't
>     right it could make a mess. Sure the changeset could be reverted
>     in the worst case scenario but you end up with more history so
>     best to avoid this. I'll see if I can find some time to progress
>     this further.

> Umm 'custom uploader' .. a file compatible with JOSM should be easy
> enough to create. Then selecting a small area to upload and test would
> be a simple manual operation, as would uploading the entire change
> set.

I notice two scripts in the repo with the ability to upload:

./bin/mr2osc.mjs - converts a MapRoulette geojson to ocs files, and
upload unless --dryrun is specified

./bin/upload.sh - upload osmChange files using a python script. I have
not looked much into this one yet, as it showcases Stage 3.

mr2osc.mjs is used in Stage 2 (replacing street_number=x/y with
unit_number=x && street_number=y). For example, the Makefile rule
dist/unitFromNumber.osc is generated using this script. I have generated
the osc file[1]. However, this file contains 38k nodes, whereas the
input MR file[2] only has 12k features. So my question is - does anyonw
know what is the easiest way to see all the changes in this file staged
on a map, as a sanity check? OTOH I'd assume the file format is some
standard osm change format.

To Andrew: what specifically are you worried about with the upload
script, and how can we help with the testing and uploading?

[1] https://ypei.org/assets/tmp/unitFromNumber-1.osc
[2] https://ypei.org/assets/tmp/mr_explodeUnitFromNumber.geojson

> [... 5 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0