On Mon 2023-10-16 14:51:00 +1100, Andrew Harvey wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2023 at 20:40, Yuchen Pei <i...@ypei.org> wrote:

> [... 38 lines elided]

>     mr2osc.mjs is used in Stage 2 (replacing street_number=x/y with
>     unit_number=x && street_number=y). For example, the Makefile rule
>     dist/unitFromNumber.osc is generated using this script. I have
>     generated
>     the osc file[1]. However, this file contains 38k nodes, whereas
>     the
>     input MR file[2] only has 12k features. So my question is - does
>     anyonw
>     know what is the easiest way to see all the changes in this file
>     staged
>     on a map, as a sanity check? OTOH I'd assume the file format is
>     some
>     standard osm change format.

> Yes, this is mentioned in the README

>> You can visualise the tag changes with bin/mrCoopDiff.js and
> www/mrPreview.html at URL

What is URL?

> I did this and validated that the changes look as intended.

> [... 39 lines elided]

>     I can do the test upload of a small area (say ~100 addresses) and
>     report
>     back.

> Please if you insist, can you just do < 10, no need to do 100.

Why?

> Once I've reviewed the above and am happy with it I'll do the upload
> with the import account as planned.

Even though you asked whether I would like to help and I said yes, the
communications so far have give me the impression that you want to work
on it solo, which is less of a problem if there's a clear timeframe to
complete it. After all it was started in 2021 and stalled, and this is a
community project to improve the VIC address coverage for everyone. To
get it done I will continue working on it as I have been in the past few
weeks. If Stage 2 is done I will push for progress in Stage 3, and so
on.

> [... 17 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0