On Sat 2023-10-07 20:40:47 +1100, Yuchen Pei wrote:

> [... 26 lines elided]

> mr2osc.mjs is used in Stage 2 (replacing street_number=x/y with
> unit_number=x && street_number=y). For example, the Makefile rule
> dist/unitFromNumber.osc is generated using this script. I have generated
> the osc file[1]. However, this file contains 38k nodes, whereas the
> input MR file[2] only has 12k features. So my question is - does anyonw
> know what is the easiest way to see all the changes in this file staged
> on a map, as a sanity check? OTOH I'd assume the file format is some
> standard osm change format.

On a second thought, why don't we just generate the osc file with

make dist/unitFromnumber.osc

and apply the osc file manually? Of course that's assuming the file is
correct. For example, to understand the discrepancy in the number of
nodes I mentioned above. I also noticed some minor issues with the
script, like when the number of changes exceeds 10k, it attempts to
split them multiple files, but they are identical rather than sequential
parts.

> [... 17 lines elided]

Best,
Yuchen

--
Timezone: UTC+11
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0