Clifford Snow wrote:

One of the features I'd really like to see is a way to send mapping party announcements to people in the mapping party area. Of course we'd need a way for people to opt out, but inviting people out to become part of a community is a good way to engage more users. Lacking the skills, I hoping that someone steps to the plate and codes this feature. Any takers?

I suspect that a totally automatic way of doing that might be frowned upon, but a semi-automatic way would b to load something like

http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc?zoom=12&lat=53.21292&lon=-0.51723&layers=B00TFFFFFT

in a new tab, open each user page and copy and paste as required.

Cheers,

Andy