On 12/04/2013 23:08, Johan C wrote:
The question is: how do we unlock this giant community potential?

Leaving aside the registered users who've never edited, the majority of editors have made very few edits. It's not that uncommon to see people make edits with a 5 year gap in between.

At the risk of being slightly heretical, I think that it's OK that OSM is a resource that people can use and perhaps update occasionally without actually "becoming mappers". I update wikipedia occasionally, but haven't for months. I have no desire to become a "wikipedian".

Cheers,
Andy