Hello Listmembers,

On Sat, 11 Mar 2000 at 18:17:11 [GMT -0500] Fred Weissman wrote:

> Are  you  saying  the  if  I  downloaded  the_bat.exe and ran the full
> install,  the  .exe  would  be one-third the size? If so, this doesn't
> make  sense. Why have two different size executables? And furthermore,
> why not have the smaller one available for those of use who don't need
> the full install?

Will  you  please understand that you can _compress_ program executables
(they  still  are  executables)  which will be _de_compressed on the fly
when _run_ (started). In Bat's case the final size is approx. 3MB.

1)  The  decision  to  _not_  compress  the  main executable didn't harm
anybody: download size of the beta was approx. the same size as always -
and the same happened to the full install.

2)  as  mentioned  above  the  real size of the program is 3MB - whether
compressed  or  not. Different is the _space_ the executable occupies in
your folder: 1.1MB compressed - 3MB _un_compressed.

You're  whining about 2MB 'wasted' on your hard-disk? Is it really worth
discussing  such  an unimportant issue? Keep it as it is, the times will
change...the size of the program again.

Regards
Dieter

|Running TheBat! 1.41 [2E7F60DA] on      |
|Windows NT v4 Build 1381 Service Pack 6 |

--
Registering The Bat! [German]:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=BatReg

Dieter Hummel         FRA/GER 65931        EMail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
PGP Key:
http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xD93DC23F