On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 02:18:39 +0100, Dieter Hummel wrote:

> If  it  was just for curiosity - several members already explained _why_
> the file was such large.

> Why  the  programmers  did  _not_  compress  the  executable _this_ time
> exceeds my knowledge. If it seem so important I will ask for it and post
> what I get back.

        I had posted earlier Dieter that some users were complaining
that they would get system hangs when starting another application
while TB! is in the process of starting as well. The fact that the
executable has to be decompressed is thought to have something to do
with this.

        As to Fred's question. If you download the full install
version (1.6MB), upon installing it, thebat.exe is 3.04MB which is the
same as as that which you download when you get only the executable
off of Ritlab's site. You're therefore not using extra space than
those who do full install OK? :)

--
 CU, Allie ...
Using The Bat! v1.41 *:* Windows NT5 (Build 2195 )