How-do-you-do,

Dieter Hummel posted to [EMAIL PROTECTED] making the following comments:

DH> You're  whining about 2MB 'wasted' on your hard-disk? Is it really worth
DH> discussing  such  an unimportant issue?

As we are all creatures of curiosity, we generally mentally secern divergent
events, objects and information, whether they be great or inconsequential.
It is rather paradoxically an 'instinct' that most rational thinking humans
have no control over. We were born curious.

Engaging in an interrogative discussion with an audience that particularly
caters for such enquiries cannot not really be regarded as 'whining'. Such
curiosity displays the cognitive nature of the quaerent, and in this case
the quaerent is receiving the information necessary to satisfy his natural
curiosity. It is therefore rather petulant to suggest that such an issue is
unimportant. Of course it is important as the question was asked and
answered. It is how we share information.

You may understand how files are compressed but obviously some people do not
and so are pursuing answers. It is probably nothing to do with hard disk
space but necessarily satisfying curiosity. I don't have a problem with that
and I don't mind giving up space in my mailbox to cater for it.

All the best,

Slán anois,

 Simon      send private mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Usin' TB! v1.41 & registered

 <!-- hide from brain dead browsers

  L’homme est bien insensé. Il ne saurait forger un ciron, et forge des Dieux ŕ
douzaines!

  (Man is quite insane. He cannot create a maggot, and he creates Gods by the dozen)

  MONTAIGNE 1533-1592

 //--> stop hiding from brain dead browsers