@Ana,

> Raphaël is totally different managing a project or AFTER passing the start-up

Oh yes, of course I think nobody here was meaning you would need to be a coder
to actually just use the ERP, of course not. We were talking about that
implementation/startup time.
Nonetheless, I'm pretty sure you would need a gain coding skills/a coder when
you need to migrate or if you did some mistake.
This makes OpenERP a different program than say Ubuntu or Drupal or phpBB were
you can eventually go pretty far without ever requiring a coder. I wanted to
insist OpenERP is not that mature, that's our whole point.

> Quote:
> I mean this is pretty much when you came here to tell hey folk we can
> integrate OpenERP in 5 days, and then you Gtalk me during week ends because
> you are totally lost with data importation and OpenERP bugs, why do you need
> to come and tell it's so easy then? What the benefit of this, getting a ton
> of noobs jumping in that will fail their projects and then tell OpenERP is
> crap? For your customer to pay you even less days for your projects, so we
> don't have the skilled integrators ecosystem that make the product more
> mature?
>
> I understand nothing about this paragraphe. I NEVER and say again NEVER said
> that you can integrate OpenERP in 5 days. The most quick project I made is
> 1-2 month long even if it's a very little company

All right, my bad, I was thinking about that one:
http://www.openobject.com/forum/topic12882.html

The "5 days" mention is actually from Tiny. Well my comment applies to them
then, sorry for the miss-attribution.
Oh, we also connected Magento to OpenERP in less than 5 days upfront yes,
because our customer promised us he would make his way with OpenERP (may be
because he made it with Magento which is actually a lot easier). Well, soon he
told us OpenERP gave him a good definition of the world "regression" and we
sold him a 12 days support/maintenance contract and I'm pretty sure that was
the bare minimum (Ok, there is a Magento connection inside)... Still, I'm
curious how it went for that other 5 days implementation from Tiny here...

> Difference is that using openerp if you are skilled, you can repair yourself.
> With propietary system you can't. If you are not skilled you have to contract
> someone to repair. Where is the problem here?

All right, it was my point too. My point is that it's pretty improbable you
don't need fixing at all, then at some point you likely depend on a coder. It's
very unlikely 5.0.6 is OK out of the box, I think that was our whole point with
Ferdinand. I also think proprietary ERP's still have a smaller density of
bugs/regressions within their basic scope probably because testing is taken
more seriously, probably because they have more money to do it. That's
important guys who come to OpenERP know their will bugs and there will be
blood.[/quote]

Raphaël Valyi

CEO and OpenERP consultant at
http://www.akretion.com