David Miller wrote:

I think the rule applies to Daniel, and I have said such several times.
I have not changed my position on that.  Perry has been away, but he is
moderator and may do what he thinks is best.  Maybe he has already added
Daniel to the kill list.  Maybe he is trying to figure out how to do
that, since in five years, we have only had to ban one person.
DAVEH:   REALLY?!?!?!   I thought Brother Glenn left voluntarily......    :-)
   I can skip over the vile rhetoric for a little while, but if it is too
much for you, maybe Perry will drop the hammer on him before he destroys
the list.
DAVEH:  Is it really possible for one person to destroy a list?  Seems to me that it would only be destroyed if TTers let his posts affect them to the point they (TTers) leave.   If TTers are bothered by what he says, simply don't read or respond to any of his posts.
Izzy seems to be able to endure.
DAVEH:  Do cats EVER worry about what others think....?
Thank the Lord for that.
:-)  If you think about it, in some ways, Daniel has afforded us some
humor and entertainment, a relief from some of our own tensions over
other issues.

Another way you might look at it is as a psychologist.  Why does Daniel
act this way?

DAVEH:  IMO, for the same reason some of the street preachers act as they do.
 Is he seeking attention?  When Daniel was here before, he
was not noticed very much.
DAVEH:  Perhaps he's learned how to command attention since his last TT visit.
 He seemed to listen more than he talked.
Now that he has embraced Torah and become a man of the law, he is much
more outspoken and attacks others not so much with the law, but with
insults.
DAVEH:  And....how does that differ from some of the street preachers who wave underwear?
 Is there a connection between his doctrine and his vile
attitude?
DAVEH:  IMO, it is rooted in traditional Protestant beliefs related to their doctrinal belief of hell.  Basically, it boils down to the thinking that "If you don't believe what I believe, you are going to be tossed into the lake of fire."  That fearsome punishment allows them (to their way of thinking) that anything short of being that inhumane allows them enough latitude to go to extreme measures almost as bad in order to persuade somebody not to follow a course that leads to the lake of fire.  Does that make sense?  IOW....it is a logic that says that if the ultimate penalty is going to be a severity of 10, it is acceptable to use preventative measures up to (and including) a severity of 9  to prevent the 10 from happening.
 These are interesting questions to explore.  As a clinician
and believer in the Lord, I would hope that your compassion for Daniel
as a human being would help you to be concerned about him and wonder how
to help him.  Does anybody these days even take him seriously?  Does
Chris or anybody else in the world think highly of him?  I really wonder
about these things.  Daniel must be getting very lonely.  In many ways,
I pity him.
DAVEH:  I suspect such thinking will only cause him to despise you/us more, though I understand your empathy/compassion toward him.
Note that Dean had a problem with the rule on TruthTalk, and we actually
suspended the rule just for him for awhile.  Do you remember that DaveH?
DAVEH:  Yes, of course.  Though if I remember correctly, he did nothing after given free reign.  Given unlimited liberty, he was just as sweet as one of Izzy's kittens!  Basically, he was more talk than action.  When the time came for open season on me he simply failed to do what he had been telling us you were preventing him from doing.  Hmmmm.....I think the human mind often times magnifies problems much more than what reality allows.
DaveH was the one on the receiving end of Dean's attacks, much like Judy
and Izzy are now.  Everyone seemed to agree to suspend the rule for him.
Eventually Dean left the list, but not after perhaps seeing that the
problem was not the rule being enforced, but something else.

Peace be with you.
David Miller, Beverly Hills, Florida.

--
 Dave Hansen