Hi all!

Not release team, and I don't mean to hijack the thread, but...

On 1/3/2024 8:55 PM, Steve Langasek wrote:
As you point out, the image files are not being distributed together.
Mirrors of releases.ubuntu.com don't get these source ISOs; and where
community flavors are running their own mirrors, AFAIK they aren't including
the source ISOs.

With my flavor lead hat on, as far as I know, there's not a single official community flavor that is running their own mirror, and since our images are in cdimage.ubuntu.com, releases.ubuntu.com would be irrelevant anyhow. Every single one of our websites is pointing to our various pages or directly linked to the ISOs on cdimage.u.c or which, as I understand it, is not our own mirror. There are mirrors of cdimage.u.c out there, but those are not run by any official community flavor to my knowledge, and I would be extremely surprised if any were. I can say that they aren't run by Ubuntu Studio or Edubuntu. :)

However, yes, your assessment of not including the source ISOs, to my knowledge, is correct. That said, if there are source ISOs out there for the flavors, then I think the flavors should also have some say in this as this makes each one of the official flavors stakeholders. That said, I preemptively have no problem with discontinuance on behalf of Ubuntu Studio or Edubuntu, if they even exist.

--
Erich Eickmeyer
Project Leader - Ubuntu Studio