Gigi DiMarco <gdmgdms...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think we have to wait for the excel file from Jed; there we can find the
> way to solve our problem.

I cannot provide that today, but there is a graph from it in the paper, on
p. 25. It shows the first 2.8 hours. As I said, the pump is usually left on
all the time. For the purpose of this test it was turned off for a day and
the reactor and Dewar were left to cool down. As you see the water
temperature climbed after the pump was turned on. After 1.5 hours the
terminal temperature was reached, 0.6°C above ambient. It never goes any
higher. Other tests have confirmed this.

This is the baseline temperature including the pump heat. Mizuno uses this
starting temperature and measures to the terminal temperature at the end of
the test just before the cell and water temperature begin to decline.

If you were to come in first thing in the morning, turn on the pump and
immediately turn on the experiment, the pump heat would be included in the
excess heat. That would be a problem. However, Mizuno never does that. If
the equipment is off he turns it on an hour or two before beginning an
experiment. As I said, in most cases he leaves the pump, power supplies and
data collection running overnight, as you see in the graphs.