Lennart Thornros <lenn...@thornros.com> wrote:

> So, you are telling me that the experts in the government are positive to
> LENR/CF.

Yes, you can read their papers at LENR-CANR.org and confirm that yourself.

Funny to me to support but forget the wallet.

The people in the government who refuse to fund cold fusion are not
experts. They know nothing about it. Again, you can read the DoE reports
and the comments of the reviewers and confirm that. See:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=455

> Reality is that there are very few government supported experiments that
> has reported success.

Very few government agencies supported experiments, but nearly all who did
succeeded in replicating. No one else replicated as far as I know. Look at
the list of laboratories that replicated in Storms' book. They are nearly
all paid for by national governments.

Government is still the only source of money in the field, mainly from
DARPA, the ENEA and the Japanese government. Industry contributed nothing
after Toyota and Mitsubishi stopped doing research.

> Rossi is not the only person having results outside of the government.

Okay, who else is there? List the names, please.

> Reality is that the few positive indications we see by government are from
> people revolting against the organization they are working in.

No one gets money by revolting. They just fire you.

> Thus actually being entrepreneurs.

There are no entrepreneurs in cold fusion. Every researcher I know has
spent his entire career in a university or government lab. All the
universities are state or national ones, such as U. Utah and Hokkaido
National University. This is typical of fundamental research. It is seldom
supported by industry.

> I have said it before organizations cannot achieve results but people can.

What you say is nonsense. No research in cold fusion could have been done
without institutional support. The professors cannot afford their own
instruments. Many of them were incapable of writing papers or using
computers without university staff.

I read your article/speech from 2013. I liked that. Read the part about
> chaos; do you think government would support that?

Yes. All fundamental research is chaotic, and all fundamental research is
paid for by governments.

> Read about Fleischmann; sounds to me like an entrepreneur. F was certainly
> not supported by the government.

He was a professor at a national university his entire working life. The
University of Southampton is a public research university. He never worked
for anyone other than the British Government. Although he made countless
discoveries of vital use to industry, he himself never benefited from them.
The patents belonged to the British taxpayers.

He resembled the people who invented the Internet and the World Wide Web.
Every one of them works for the government, and not one of them earned even
$1 from the Internet.

> I am not saying that I know what it takes to succeed with LENR.

I am saying I know, because I have worked with just about every person who
has ever succeeded with LENR. I know who they are and who they work for:
governments.

> I know it takes entrepreneurship, creativity, focus, vision, tenacity
> coupled with knowledge and funding. Government has either of those
> attributes.

Cold fusion was discovered at the University of Utah, a government
institution. It would not exist without governments. Neither would
computers, nuclear energy, the Internet and most other modern technology.
So evidently government is a major source of entrepreneurship, creativity,
focus, vision . . .

That is why Rossi is ahead of the government.

Rossi would not *exist* were it not for Fleischmann and Pons! Plus he got a
lot of help from Focardi and other government researchers. He may be ahead
of government researchers now, but they discovered the effect.

Saying he is ahead is like saying that modern computer designers are ahead
of the government people who built the ENIAC, paid for the MIT Whirlwind
project, wrote FORTRAN, built the first supercomputers and did a thousand
other things. Yes, modern designers, Intel and Google are ahead now, but
they wouldn't be here in the first place if Uncle Sam had not paid billions
to found the industry and buy the first several generations of computers.

Unfortunately, at the time Rossi's success is a clear fact, the government
> will through in their enormous funding and IMHO steal the show.

They are not stealing the show: they ARE the show. They invented it. But
there is no doubt that big industry is the only entity capable of
commercializing cold fusion. The government does not have factories. No
doubt the government will spend the first several billion dollars buying
cold fusion gadgets for the military.

> Some think the government will take over and hide the result to protect
> the interests, which empower the government.

That is not possible. This can only be done with patents, and patents are
public by definition. If there are no patents then other countries will
take the technology for free.

> It hurts me that intelligent people can believe that government will take
> the lead in any changing situation.

Since 1800 the government has taken the lead in most fundamental research
in physics, chemistry, biology and other academic fields. It has taken the
lead in big technology, in EVERY SINGLE INDUSTRY. Read history. Look at
ships, railroads, telegraphs, automobiles, electric power, nuclear power,
aviation, modern agriculture, computers, lasers, medical technology, the
Internet . . . There is not a single important technology in which the U.S.
and British governments did not play a key role. In most cases the
government paid for the technology at first, or invented it directly. The
laser, for example, was discovered by Townes at Columbia University with a
research grant from the U.S. Navy (the NRL).

You are complaining about the most successful source of technology in
history! You are saying it does not work. You are fantasizing that
technology came out of nowhere, or that it come out of corporations. Read
any history of technology and you will see that most of it came of
governments, mainly the military. Facts are facts. You cannot rewrite
history with an Ayn Rand fantasy.