OK Jed,
No, I do not think the government does anything for progress.
The problem is that we give them all the resources. The result is that we
fail to make changes at a pace we otherwise could.
I am the first to agree that many people in the government are good and
provide a service well within the expectation.
Every year we employ more and more people in that sector, then we request
more resources and that enables more employees in this enormous
organization. Maybe it starts with more resources but the cycle is there.
Of course there are good, able, willing people in the organization.The
problem is that the guidelines are changing. The primary guideline is CYA.
You said so your self '  No one gets money by revolting. They just fire you.
'. Sad isnt it?
I am not giving you any list. Mills and Defkalion are others for example.
However, that is not the issue. The thing is that entrepreneurial skills
gets killed in the bureaucracy. Fleischman was of course revolting. He did
not succeed in Toyota either you say. That should come as no surprise; that
is another (too) big organization and the rules are the same as in
government.

I am not rewriting history. As you say facts are facts. Any progress
initiated within a large organization has an uphill battle. It has its pros
and cons a sieve if you will that let good ideas that sustain the process
to succeed while stopping others is the positive thing. However, its format
is totally devastating for radical changes and risk taking. All I am saying
it needs to be a balance. Unfortunately we are skewing the balance and
eliminating the possibilities for 'progress by revolution' (my expression
not literally meant) in favor of 'progress by evolution'.

Just to think about; ' Organizations cannot make result but people can'.
This in response to your statement about how all good ideas are born by the
government in GB and the US. Sorry, that reminds me about when I was in the
sandbox and the adversary said 'my dad is bigger than yours'.:)

You said 'Rossi would not *exist* were it not for Fleischmann and Pons!
Plus he got a lot of help from Focardi and other government researchers. He
may be ahead of government researchers now, but they discovered the
effect.' Yes,
if almost all resources are within one organization, then people in that
organization make contributions some more (get zapped) and some after CYA
can still work in government. BTW are you including the Italian government
in the sphere of GB and the US? Long time since I visited but that
government works a little different:)

Then you say that government are entitled to 'steal' (my expression) the
show as they have monopoly but no factories. I am not commenting - your
statement is enough.

You go on saying: (as a response to those among us that think
government suppression of technology is a reality) 'That is not possible.
This can only be done with patents, and patents are public by definition.
If there are no patents then other countries will take the technology for
free.'
It has happened many times, in the US and Russia more than elsewhere. I am
not a believer of that will happen with LENR.  Your ideas about patents are
naive. Patents are a good source for information and protects nobody. They
do create wealth - for lawyers. A well documented patent written by
somebody with small resources (an entrepreneur/inventor) will be
immediately stolen. Countries will issue patents to protect their own
industry and therefore eliminate the protection you are dreaming about. I
am not sure about the next but I do think there is a provision for the
government to suppress technology by classify it as a 'national
interest' in the US. In my opinion that is terrible. What is national
interest? Is there an interest to allow some but not others? (Reminds me
about Orwell and that 'All animals are equal' - '*but pigs are more equal*'.
I thought WWll showed that it does not hold water - we are all on the same
planet and need to find ways to co-exist. That requires less envy and more
empowerment of others. It is NOT a zero sum game. It is the opposite - the
more you put in for others the more you will gain.

I could respond to all your statements about the government but it all ends
up as; Organizations cannot make result but people can.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)