Jed,
Let us leave the dispute about organizations.
I actually started to address the topic in the headline by saying:
The debate about global warming is far from conclusive. I do not know the
answer. I do know that it is not a question we can control (i.e. I doubt
anyone created the ice- age(s)). For many other reasons I can agree that
limiting our carbon pollution has its advantages. Global warming will not
be totally depending on the CO2 level in the atmosphere, many other factors
will be as or more important. I think we need to get better information and
then search for the solution that still makes this place liveable. I think
we have time but to limit use of fossil fuel (limit CO2 in the atmosphere
is good in the meantime.
There are many other factors involved solar flares etc, They are way over
my understanding so I stay rather neutral in the debate. To limit the
manmade pollution is good. To believe that is the solution to control the
temperature on this planet is naive or beyond naive.
The show in Paris is just that, a show, entertaining for people in
governments. Perhaps it also give reason for further expansion of
governments (in all countries not just the US and GB). The politician have
one thing in common world wide - they want more power, more impact on our
daily life. The ROI of this show will never reach a positive number - ever.

Best Regards ,
Lennart Thornros

lenn...@thornros.com
+1 916 436 1899

Whatever you vividly imagine, ardently desire, sincerely believe and
enthusiastically act upon, must inevitably come to pass. (PJM)