Notice what Rossi does in his response to Rends. He talks in a misleading
way about the qualificatications of Penon (Rossi says Penon has a doctorate
when he does not).
Then he goes in saying that IH was ok with the quarterly reports for 3
quarters and only at the time of the 4th report they complained.
Even if this were true (IH actually said in the legal documents they had
concerns all along and they were worried about methodology, access to the
plant, they could not replicate results and so on) it means absolutely
nothing.

Scientific results are not a matter of consensus. Or they are supported by
evidence in a statically significant way, they can be reproduced over and
over by independent parties, all over the world, at different times, or
they are not.
Even if IH agreed (and Dardeen is not a scientist or an engineer) with the
results of the report based on the assumption of good faith of the
reporter, this doesn't have any impact at all on the validity of the
scientific claims of Rossi. It just shows that IH was operating in good
faith and they were open and trusting of Rossi, that is all.

If anything this speaks well of IH as a partners (even if they should have
known better and not trust Rossi's on face value).

But it has nothing to do with the question if the eCat really works or not.
Rossi doesn't answer that question at all, just gives his words that the
entire bs story he talks about (in particular that IH was fine with the 3
quarterly reports) is true.

I can tell you as an Italian person I know this type. I can see even
through the English translation how he uses language to mislead. He uses
convoluted stories full of excuses to persuade people he is honest. I can
pick up stuff that I think are really cultural behind his behavior that I
think many foreigners cannot. But that is just an aside and what I said
above stands on its own.

Again, it should be obvious to everybody that Rossi's own words, behavior,
way of thinking is just absolutely dishonest, not straightforward, always
misleading and never addressing the real issues.

Giovanni