Interesting!!!

I take it from your use of a Fairchild IGBT that you are planning to implement
a conventional Kettering Ignition Design rather than a Capacitive Discharge
Ignition Design.  (Since an SCR, rather than an IGBT would be more appropriate
in a CDI design.)  Yes, there would be severe +/- KV oscillations in a
Kettering design.  I implemented a CDI design with a heavy diode sink to
quickly "kill" any reverse voltage oscillations.  On my design, the resultant
LC circuit will have an overdamped harmonic frequency of 11Khz, which would
drive havoc inside the reactor.  Hence I implement a diode sink to quickly kill
the KV oscillations.

Another thing, with a Kettering design, you are pretty much limited to a low
firing frequency of at most maybe 250 hz.  I see that you plan to fire your
sparks at 10 hz.  At those levels, you will not be able to deliver enough
energy into the reaction chamber to initiate any meaningful reaction.  It seems
you've already calculated your power input to be in the order of 5.5 watts.
Seems too low to do anything with it.

On my design, I am delivering 260mJ per spark or up to 211 watts at 1000 hz.
And my design can be fired up to a practical rate of 10Khz.  At this level, I
can deliver several KW into my reactor if need be, although I do not plan to go
that high.

Let me know how your reactor design works out, although I think I can predict
severe warping of your electrode and mesh screen.  I predict this would be due
to severe thermal stesses, electrostatic and electromagnetic attractive forces
as well as the sheer turbulence inside that reactor.  Once the mesh screen is
warped, it would be closer to the other electrode.  When that happens, the
sparks will follow that closer path all the time.  In other words, it will
ionize and spark on the same location all the time.  That would definitely be
detrimental to your nickel nanopowders as that will cook it in short order.

In my design, the reactor wall is the anode and I used a larger diameter
cathode electrode to prevent warping of the electrodes.  Making the reactor
wall the anode should repel H+ positive ions into the middle of the reactor
chamber where they can hopefully form Rydberg Matter in abundance.

Good luck and apologies for biting your head off unnecessarily.

Jojo