________________________________
 Von: Jojo Jaro <jth...@hotmail.com>
An: Vortex <Vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Gesendet: 7:18 Montag, 21.Mai 2012
Betreff: Re: [Vo]:Spark plugs... thoughts and how-to?

Guenter,

I believe your "bickering" is misdirected.  ...
Did DGT simply make a
mistake and accidentally machined an extra hole on both end plates and had to
plug it with a spark plug?  BTW, machining a spark plug thread is more
difficult than machining an ordinary pipe fitting thread,

Spark Plug CAN deliver High Voltages into the
reactor, but NOT High Current, unless it is a highly short-lived transient
current spike.

Jojo,

Sorry  if this 'kidding' term comes over as 'bickering'.
It was not meant to be such. Just to be funny of sorts. Well. Did not work out,
it seems.
You hit me, an I feel punished. OK?

Actually, in my hypothetical design there are TWO electrodes.
One at about 20kV (the HV) , one at 100V (the mesh),  but this does not make a
difference.
For purely practical matters it makes sense to me to use a high-temperature,
pressure-tight feedthrough for both.
(I doubt whether the DGT design has anything  to do with that. My efforts in
reverse-engineering greek designs are very limited)

Concerning current, I calculate this as follows:
Max spark-energy is 300mJ for a duration of 100usec @20kV
Which gives approx 7A over that interval, being equivalent to 3kOhm, absorbing
all that.
I estimate the spark-electrode resistance to be in the mOhm...Ohm range, so it
is negligible.

(see eg the STM ignition coil driver VBG15NB22T5SP-E or the Fairchild
ISL9V3040D3S ecospark)

Remember, the secondary (HV-coil) (AC) resistance is in the order of 5-10kOhm,
considering Skin-effect and other factors.

I did not make a publishable simulation right now, -which You seem to object
beforehand-
Am unsure whether it makes sense, above common-sense assessments, ie, that the
voltage heavily oscillates between +/- kV levels, which is meaningless in
conventional ignition, but NOT in  a LENR environment, where it has some
peculiar effects, which are not lethal, but diminish the efficiency of the
whole setup considerably.

I attach another pdf to clarify the 'ignition' issue. 'ideal case'.

best regards
Guenther