No, its very laughable.  He uses phrases like, well know that. as in, we
should all know this.  but...  he gives no sources, no numbers, and has
failed to notice that there are DIFFERENT types of sintered alumina, some
of which  are DESIGNED to be transparent (sapphire shielding), and some
which aren't.  He mentions that the experiment had calculations that
ASSUMED transmission of infrared, but tied it at a 25 percent transmission
rate.  What we havent seen are any numbers of the transmission rate of
infrared light through that particular size and type.  Now, knowing that a
lot of the armor alumina that is transparent in visible light has a quick
drop off in the infrared spectrum, who wants to bet that the scientists
running the experiment, who designed the numbers to calculate the energy
loss, actually TESTED and MEASURED the alumina they used?  I know I would
in that instance.  Suggesting that they couldn't possibly have thought of
it is, frankly, insulting, unless hes got numbers from actual bench tests
of the variety of alumina they used.

In addition, the fact that it heated up to such a level is STILL more
energy out than is being put in.  Even if you account for the resistors
heating more inside the block and reaching a higher termperature, the temp
reached and the LENGTH OF TIME it was that hot ismore than is possible from
that setup.  That, or Rossi has at the very least created the most
efficient electric heater know to man!