In wikidata, the absence of a claim about something cannot mean the claim
has no couterpart in reality, as Wikidata is an will always be incomplete.

For example if we have a series, maybe finished, maybe unfinished, we wil
have claims that says:

Episode 2 follows Episode 1
Episode 3 follows Episode 2

If for some reason we're sure that the series is other, we can state
no value follows Episode 2

Which means "We're sure the series is other".

Otherwise this means "Wikidata do not know", for some reason there could be
a following episode but noone updated Wikidata yet, for example.