This is a question of point of vue and how to solves conflicted
declaration, way larger than this. There could be disputes other who is
really the father of something, this would be the same.

such a statement in Wikidata means:
* This source says that this person has no child
* This (other) source says that this person has some child

If one of the source has been proven wrong, then the statement must be
marked deprecated. If it's undecided and still disputed whose right, then
we keep the two statements. This is how Wikidata was conceptually built By
Denny, Markus, Lydia and the others.