Charles Matthews schreef:
> Guess what - sometimes you have to put up with the pesky
> business of people needing to argue the matter out on talk pages.

I've been following CZ for some time, and one gets the feeling that
Larry Sanger doesn't really like arguementsi, or open discussion.

One of the rules at CZ is that you cannot complain about another editor
at all. This is to prevent long discussions on who is right, but
according to Adam Cuerden's blog post, it is one of the reasons why the
Homeopathy article is so bad.

The "anti-homeopathy" side started to make complaints about the other
side, and regardless of whether the complaints were justified, they were
templated with {{nocomplaints}}. (No [[WP:DTTR]] at CZ...) And then the
other side won.

The idea behind the nocomplaints policy seems a good one, perhaps, but
in reality, it hampers discussion. After one of the latest intervention
by Larry Sanger, the reply was "I don't think you should have removed
that", which was promptly replaced by another {{nocomplaints}}...

I think there is a lesson in here for the other thread in this mailing
list at the moment: A zero-tolerance policy on incivility will be
interpreted loosely at times, which will hamper discussion, which leads
to bad articles if the number of editors is low (like on CZ or at
low-visibility WP articles).

Eugene