2009/2/16 Eugene van der Pijll <eug...@vanderpijll.nl>:
> Charles Matthews schreef:
>> Guess what - sometimes you have to put up with the pesky
>> business of people needing to argue the matter out on talk pages.
>
> I've been following CZ for some time, and one gets the feeling that
> Larry Sanger doesn't really like arguementsi, or open discussion.

I've been following the CZ statistics page for some time, and I get
the feeling that it doesn't matter because activity on CZ is shrinking
(even Sanger doesn't seem very active) and it will never reach a size
where anyone actually uses it. It's a fraction of the size of
Wikipedia at the same age (in terms of articles or total words) and
growth is slowing (whereas Wikipedia showed exponential growth at that
time). We could discuss why it failed but I think the real answer is
simply that Wikipedia is "good enough" so there is very little
interest in a new project doing the same thing (and which won't be
anywhere near as useful for several years, even with the more generous
assumptions).