On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:42 PM, Thomas Dalton <thomas.dal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> They've been going for over two years, if they were going to have a
> big recruitment push wouldn't they have done so by now? But really,
> trying to recruit writers is the wrong way round, they need to recruit
> readers, that's where the writers come from for exponential growth
> (which they need if they are going to get anywhere). However, I can't
> see how they can recruit readers until they have enough articles to be
> useful - it's a catch-22 and that's why I don't think any similar
> project will ever rival Wikipedia, simply because we got there first.

I don't disagree.  I'm just saying we should think of Citizendium as
another (small) place for people to produce free content similar to
the kind Wikipedia produces, as a potential collaborator with
Wikipedia rather than a competitor (which isn't realistic, if it ever
was).  That's a very real possibility once the license change happens.

-Sage (User:Ragesoss)